Sunday, March 18, 2018

Change of lens

The first counselor I worked with was so extraordinary. He understood me in ways that I didn't understand about myself.  He led me to answers, allowing me to find out about me and my life.  But he wanted something more for me.  Early in my counseling he stated, "I don't want you to just survive, I want you to thrive."

The following week I came back and my first question, "What is thriving?"  I didn't know.  I didn't know what it looked like, felt like, what it was - a complete unknown.  He explained it was different from anything I knew because I was raised in a fear-based environment.  It was all I knew.  Fear, threats, do it or else and I knew else was bad. KavinCoach went far beyond teaching me how to survive, he changed the lens of my life. 

The Ted talk below puts into words and pictures what my first counselor did for me.
http://celebratewhatsright.com/tedx
I challenge each of you to take the time to watch this all the way to the end.  Less than 20 minutes of your time, with the possibility of changing you for life.  Power comes with passion and celebration.
I wish every counselor knew how to change the lens of our lives.  How to change fear, cringing, depression, terror, and all the evil and cruelty we've seen to viewing what is good, kind, loving, compassionate to celebrate the power of celebrating what is right.

KavinCoach taught me this.  He changed my life.  He always tells me I did all the work but he had the vision of things I hoped for but didn't believe actually existed.  He showed me thriving was real and possible for me, a broken soul. 

No comments: