Monday, January 1, 2018

Into the New Year

Hello Everyone I hope your first day of the New Year was filled with something that you enjoy.  I did something I usually don't do.  I bought fabric to make a blouse for myself without looking at the price and agonizing over how much I paid for it.  (Yes, it was on sale but even if it wasn't I have a coupon.)  I have a love/hate relationship with clothes.  I design exotic and beautiful things that I would never have anywhere to go that would be appropriate for what I design.  I don't know why I felt so....giddy just because I didn't compromise or talk myself into something that was good enough but much cheaper.  I also did things like wash dishes, cook dinner and normal adult things.  I spent sometime watching football with DH (darling husband) and about an hour exploring pouring acrylics art technique.  It is fascinating to me to see all the ways people use paint.  I also joined a group that are art journals and sharing in a group online.  One of the art journaling page that I did recently.  It is free to join if you are interested:

http://www.determinedtoshine.net/30daysjournaling

So far, day 3, I am enjoying this.  I am doing some drawing, photography and plan to explore other ways to create art.  Trying hard not to limit myself to what I already know.  This page is from Day 2:

No comments: