Wednesday, October 24, 2012

EGO, I have one?

 
3. Transcend The EGO
http://www.purposefairy.com/6661/change-your-life-through-the-art-of-self-mastery/
Fascinating challenge for me. In this article the EGO is the false self.  My life as a multiple personality gave me several selves and several EGOs to go with them.  I learned this the hard way.  (I learn a lot of things the hard way.)  Shortly after I learned I functioned as a multiple personality,  KavinCoach asked me which one was real.  For weeks, he had tried to get me pissed off but I kept switching and dodging anything that remotely felt like anger.  This time he jumped on my anger button without intending to, the internal explosion was massive.  However, on the outside I withdrew from interacting with him until the following week.  I then went on to explain that all my personalities were real.  We were all vital to my existance.  I was fully integrated before I finally understood the 'false' self.  Sinced I switched when stressed, the false self or EGO was rarely used.  I didn't need to.  

Side note:  This is from Wikipedia about EGO "It is said, however, that the ego seems to be more loyal to the id, preferring to gloss over the finer details of reality to minimize conflicts while pretending to have a regard for reality." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id,_ego_and_super-ego

Transcend is an interesting word that I explored ever since reading Jonathan Livingston Seagull in high school.   In this article, I believe the meaning of transcend is defined by Free Dictionary: "3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe): "One never can see the thing in itself, because the mind does not transcend phenomena" (Hilaire Belloc)."

My understanding of the phrase is to live above my 'false' self.  I understand this to mean to take the RED PILL, live in truthI started this journey a long time ago.  Slow going until I integrated.  I still have rough patches from time to time when fantasy would like to take over.  Staying connected and real makes a big difference to me.  


Capturing Reality
 

3 comments:

Judith said...

Wow , that must have been difficult, having to deal with multiple egos. The one I've got poses enough of a challenge for me. I'm so amazed at how much you've learned about authentic living.

Judy said...

I struggle with this.

Evan said...

This is a big topic. There are lots of definitions of 'ego' going around.

I do think that an embrace is a kind of transcendence.